Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Canele Breakthrough ?


I tweaked my recipe a little bit and made a change to the molds. I've struggled to get a more consistent result that worked well in large Philly Kitchen Share convection ovens batches. I'm going to PKS tomorrow to test out a larger batch but the preliminary canele were outstanding!

Vanquishing the problems involved in scaling up would be so amazingly satisfying. It's pretty much the most puzzling culinary problem I've ever tried to solve.

Thanks to baking 911 for sharing some know how.

2 comments:

Allitia said...

Eureka! I just bought your canale today and after the first bite, I sincerely and instantly regretted only getting two. These are absolutely amazing. I can't wait til next week!

Gaetano said...

Allitia,

Thanks so much for your comment. It's wonderful that you enjoyed them so much. Next week please introduce yourself.