Sunday, October 11, 2009

JASNA, Well informed people who have a great deal of canele...


Today I had additional mini-canele because I tested out a new recipe. These minis baked up very lovely. Towards the end of market this afternoon I had enough to offer samples of whole, perfectly crispy and flavorful mini's. I offered a very handsome canele to a woman standing near our stand. In a few moments a group of her friends were sampling and chatting me up about the ingredients and calories, techniques etc. I learned that they were New Yorkers visiting for a meeting of the Jane Austen Society of North America. One woman asked if I knew who JA was!

Anyway, they recognized a superb canele and they headed back to NYC with a cache of canele. Thanks JASNA canele customers.

1 comment:

Renée T. Bouchard said...

Do you ship your canele? I'd love to try one, but rarely get up to the Philly area.