Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Burger.org


Even though we live on South St. we learned about this spot on Meal Ticket. The Meal Ticket folks, I think, did not visit this spot. 

The folks working the front of the house seem surprised by customers and unaccustomed to taking orders. The effect was eerie. The garishly colored  USDA ORGANIC icon adds to the sense of a distortion in the space time continuum. While we were there the manager had to explain the meaning of 'organic' to the counter person.

The burgers though were pretty good. I had a beef burger and Lil lady had a house special turkey burger. They were both tasty and comparatively tiny. The fries were not seasoned and not quite right. Overall the quality did shine through. 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been here twice so far and have to say -- I WANT it to be good, but they don't have it quite together yet. Staff at front seem like they're still learning how to take orders and cash out. Moreover, whoever is on the grill is not familiar with the difference between medium, medium rare, etc. I ordered medium cooked burgers, and both came back red to pink inside. I hope these guys get it together b/c the concept is great.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say, I was intrigured by this place- but yesterday, after watching an incident with a burger.org employee (who was at the time on break at the Wawa right down the street) I will never go there. Here's what happened- the guy, wearing a burger.org t-shirt, proceeded to curse at a Wawa employee for 'not making his sandwich fast enough'. He then picked up someone else's sandwich off the counter and literally pelted the sandwich girl in the face with it. Then he climbed behind the counter, took his sandwich without paying for it, and was confronted by another Wawa employee who demanded he get out, which he did, all the while stealing his unpayed for sandiwch in the process. This happened between 8 and 9 pm on July 1st, 2011. I was in the area b/c my band was playing a show at Dobbs right there and I happened to stop in the Wawa. I think the burger.org guy should've been arrested and it disgusts me to think they would hire people like that, so I'll never go there.

-Jim