Monday, April 30, 2012

Sushi Sunday

I enjoyed Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Jiro's virtuosity and rigid sushi classicism held me spellbound. I was astonished to learn that it requires about 10 years apprenticeship at Jiro's to master specific techniques. Though 10 years sounds a lot like the 10,000 hour rule that Gladwell writes about in Outliers doesn't it seem ridiculously arduous compared to the rate at which we mint culinary geniuses here in Philly or the USA in general?
.



This is a plate for 2.  2 barbarians. We devoured every last bite. Using excellent fish, uni and softshells from Metropolitan Seafood via Stockton Mkt. we savored another sushi Sunday. My rice is improving!

1 comment:

Baydog said...

I think you've covered it. Creativity and genius should not be confused. It's much easier to be creative than to be considered genius. IMHO